At Virginia Space, we're working on solving the challenges that take us a step closer to our mission first, safety always approach to successfully supporting our clients. Whether it's preparing for a launch or working on our UAS runway, our industry promises to be fun and full of new experiences.
Browse through all open positions and pick the challenge that excites you most.
Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority aims to provide safe, reliable, and responsive Space Access at competitive prices, and is proud to offer full-service launch facilities for commercial, government, scientific and academic users. We have an opening for an Accountant at our Norfolk office. The Accountant primarily responsible for processing invoices and employee reimbursements, computing, classifying, recording, verifying and analyzing numerical data and collecting data for financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, (e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system.; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from ADP payroll service
- Establish/maintain employee payroll records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Responsible for the first level review and approval of biweekly payroll completed by the Payroll Administrator.
- Serve as a backup for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll
- Serve as a backup for account payable processing
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Manage the process for accounting of fixed assets including recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Support special projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and secure reliable transportation to our Norfolk Office.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of three years of accounting, payroll, and accounts payable related experience. Two years of experience in government contracting is required.
Applicants must be team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. If you are team oriented, have the above qualifications and enjoy a high-volume, fast paced work environment, this position may be for you! Virginia Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To submit your interest for consideration, please click the following link https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=accountant&jk=361bf41d5449fd55&_ga=2.243861253.1665944809.1509982373-1093328215.1509554191
Virginia Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.